Why Choose 5052 Marine Grade Aluminum
The marine grade aluminum sheets are immersed in water all year round, which requires high corrosion resistance. 5052 aluminum sheet, belonging to Al-Mg aluminum alloy, has excellent corrosion resistance and medium strength, which is suitable for the manufacture of economical aluminum alloy ships.
5052 marine grade aluminum has has a higher magnesium content than other alloys, so it has a good anti-rust function. This is also an important reason why 5052 marine aluminum plate is used in the hull. Haomei Aluminum can offer you different tempers of 5052 aluminum plats according to the customers’ specific ship building situation.
Application of 5052 Aluminum Sheet
The small freshwater lake yachts is generally made of 5052-H32 aluminum plate or 5052-O aluminum plate for the fresh water is not as corrosive as sea water. It is mainly used in yacht hulls.
Compared with land-based air conditioners, ship air conditioners have been operating in oceans with high humidity and high corrosion for a long time. In order to prevent corrosion of sheet metal parts, 5052 aluminum sheet is a good choice.
In addition to being applied to ship plates, 5052 aluminum plates can also be used in ship cable trays, ship tanks, and cabin floors.
Specification of 5052 Aluminum Plate
2000 or customized
Chimney, keel, side plate of ship
Properties of 5052 Marine Grade Aluminum Sheet
1. The tensile strength of the 5052 aluminum is between 210-230, which means that the hardness of 5052 is 100% higher than the hardness of 1060.
2. The elongation of the 5052 aluminum plate has reached between 12-20%.
3. The role of chromium in 5052 aluminum plate is similar to that of manganese, which improves the resistance to stress corrosion cracking, increases the strength of the base metal and welds, and reduces the tendency of welding cracks, but its content generally does not exceed 0.35%.
4. It has good corrosion resistance, excellent weldability, good cold workability, and has medium strength, especially high fatigue strength. It is widely used in shipbuilding. Another one is 5083 aluminum plate.
5. It has good plasticity during semi-cold work hardening and low plasticity during cold work hardening. It can’t be strengthened by heat treatment.
Why Choose Haomei Aluminum
1. It has 6 semi-continuous casting production lines, 10 continuous casting and rolling production lines, and 44 other large-scale processing equipment, with an annual output of 450,000 tons.
2. It has a mature “1+1” hot rolling production line, which ensures a shot delivery for the 8-5000 tons marine grade aluminum sheet orders.
3. We can offer an ultra-wide 5052 aluminum sheet with a width of 2650 mm.
4. The surface of the aluminum plate has no peeling, air bubbles, surface roughness, local mechanical damage, no cracks, corrosion spots and traces of nitrate.
5. Haomei 5052 aluminum plate has passed the certification of the international most authoritative and strict certification bodies including DNV, BV, LR, ABS and CCS.