Why Choose Marine Grade Aluminum 6061
In practical applications, the advantages of marine grade aluminum are very obvious. Its specific gravity is small, reducing the ships’ own weight and increasing the load. The marine grade aluminum sheet has excellent corrosion resistance, enabling the ship own a longer service life. It also has good welding and processing performance.
We has both 6061 aluminum profile and aluminum sheet for shipbuilding. It has excellent weldability, corrosion resistance and easy processing and forming characteristics. Its electroplating, corrosion resistance, strong toughness and no deformation after processing and compact and defect-free material property make itself widely used in ship and tanker manufacturing.
Different Types of 6061 Aluminum Alloys
6061 aluminum wide plate: The international standard widths of aluminum plates are 1000 mm, 1200 mm, and 1220 mm. We usually define aluminum plates with a width of more than 1500 mm as the aluminum wide plate. The thickness of 6061 aluminum wide plate is over 1 mm.
6061 aluminum checker plate: It has rich patterns including one bar, two bar, three bar, five bar, compass,etc. It has excellent anti-skid effect, which is widely used as the floor of ship deck.
6061 aluminum profile: We has different 6061 aluminium profiles for you, including T aluminum profile, aluminum round tube, I shaped aluminuim,etc. Although its strength can not be compared with 2xxx series or 7xxx series, it has many superior properties like excellent welding performance.
Specification of 6061 Marine Grade Aluminum
Application of 6061 Aluminum
1. 6061 Aluminum is often used in the sailboat making masts and other marine accessories. With magnesium and silicon as alloying elements, it has excellent processing performance, good corrosion resistance, high toughness and no deformation after processing.
2. A catamaran is a conjoined ship composed of two or more hulls connected together horizontally. The light weight, strong mechanical properties and corrosion resistance make the 6661 aluminum profile widely used in the construction of catamarans.
3. The deck is an important component of the hull. It is a plane structure located above the inner bottom plate in the ship structure. 6061 aluminum checker plate has excellent corrosion resistance, weather resistance and slip resistance, which is an indispensable material for making ship decks.
Advantages of Haomei 6061 Marine Aluminum
1. Haomei Aluminum’s "1+1 production line" has greatly increased the output of 6061 aluminum plates, which provides a solid foundation for the large-scale production of 6061 aluminum plates.
2. Haomei 6061 aluminum has got CCS, SGS and ISO14000 certification.
3. We have introduced a 3000T stretching machine, the world's most advanced equipment, which can perform 1.0%-3.0% permanent stretch plastic deformation of the plate within the specified time according to the process requirements. Through the transition from elastic deformation to plastic deformation, it will eliminate the residual internal stress of the product after quenching, and ensure that the product does not deform during processing.
The Customers’ requirements for The 6061 Aluminum
1. The thickness tolerance of the aluminum sheet is required to be small (generally a positive tolerance).
2. The hardness must reach the standard (HB is above 95 degrees).
3. The deformation after processing should be small.
4. The flatness is good.
Tips: Haomei 6061 aluminum sheet and profile can fully meet these requirements. Welcome to leave message below to inquire 6061 aluminum sheet price.